North West Community Rehab (NWCR) is a locally run, student-assisted service based in Mount Isa, offering community rehabilitation for people living in North West Queensland.
What we do
NWCR works with people:
- Who have a neurological condition e.g. stroke, spinal cord injury, head injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Who are experiencing age-related changes e.g. falls, loss of balance, change in independence, or who need some help to keep active in their home or community
- Who have had a change in their everyday abilities because of illness, disease or injury e.g. car accident, broken hip, long hospital stay
At NWCR we will:
- Work with you and your support network towards your goals
- See you at our rehab hall, at home, in community or via video call
- Provide individual or group programs led by students and experienced clinicians
- Provide rehab at no cost to you
Who we are
We are a locally led team made up of:
- Program Manager/ Occupational Therapist
- Indigenous Rehab Assistant
- Administration Officer
Plus our Allied Health students who you will meet during your program.
Where we are
Mount Isa Hospital Grounds, behind the Renal Dialysis Unit.
If you would like more information or would like to participate at NWCR, we welcome you to contact us directly.
NWCR accepts self-referrals, provided we can get your GP to provide clearance to say that you are medically fit to participate in a rehabilitation program.
Phone: 07 4745 4525