VIEW STUDENT AND PROVIDER INFORMATION
North West Community Rehab (NWCR) is a locally run, student-assisted service based in Mount Isa, offering community rehabilitation for people living in North West Queensland.
What we do
NWCR works with people:
- Who have a neurological condition e.g. stroke, spinal cord injury, head injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Who are experiencing age-related changes e.g. falls, loss of balance, change in independence, or who need some help to keep active in their home or community
- Who have had a change in their everyday abilities because of illness, disease or injury e.g. car accident, broken hip, long hospital stay
At NWCR we will:
- Work with you and your support network towards your goals
- See you at our rehab hall, at home, in community or via video call
- Provide individual or group programs led by students and experienced clinicians
- Provide rehab at no cost to you
Who we are
We are a locally led team made up of:
- Program Manager/ Occupational Therapist
- Indigenous Rehab Assistant
- Administration Officer
Plus our Allied Health students who you will meet during your program.
Where we are
Mount Isa Hospital Grounds, behind the Renal Dialysis Unit.
Research study looking for stroke survivors
Are you a stroke survivor living at home in rural or remote Queensland?
James Cook University PhD student Sarah Jackson is looking for stroke survivors to participate in a study about using technology to drive their recovery.
Stroke survivors who have had a stroke more than six months ago, have a goal they want to work towards and are interested in using technology, are invited to register their interest in participating in the study by contacting North West Community Rehab Centre on 0477 698 839 or email NWCR.email@example.com
If you would like more information or would like to participate at NWCR, we welcome you to contact us directly.
NWCR accepts self-referrals, provided we can get your GP to provide clearance to say that you are medically fit to participate in a rehabilitation program.
Phone: 07 4745 4525