The Centre for Rural and Remote Health is distributed across four sites with the main campus in Mount Isa and study centres in Cloncurry, Longreach and Weipa. Each of the sites have student accommodation, teaching rooms, Eduroam Wi-Fi facilities, simulation clinical skills rooms and are technologically enhanced with video conferencing and teleconferencing facilities.
Interested in hiring these facilities?
The CRRH centres offer these rooms and facilities for use to CRRH stakeholders and community organisations, subject to availability and with preference given to health-sector organisations.
For any room booking requests, please complete the form and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact CRRH admin on 07 4745 4500.
The Yacca Library is a research and study hub for JCU and Queensland Health staff, medical and nursing students and health professionals working across the outback regions, and offers:
- Clinical texts and DVDs for loan
- Areas for study and research
- Printer, scanner and photocopier
- A libguide for library users
- Two computers on the JCU network to access resources including the JCU research databases (requires JCU staff or student login) and library catalogue
- Two computers on the Queensland Health network to access the Clinical Knowledge Network (CKN) (requires a Queensland Health OpenAthens login) and the Queensland Health Libraries catalogue
- Tutorial room with video conferencing equipment
- Eduroam wifi access
The Library is also available to assist with:
- Research enquiries and assistance
- Student support including proofreading and referencing help
- Literature searches (Queensland Health staff only)
- Document supply and inter-library loan requests (Queensland Health staff only)
The Yacca Library is named after the Kalkadoon Black Cockatoo Dreaming.