View Student and Provider information
Weipa Community Rehabilitation and lifestyle service is a locally run, student-assisted service based in Weipa, offering community rehabilitation for people living in Weipa, Napranum and Mapoon.
What we do
We work with people who are unable to do what they want to do in their life due to age, injury or illness. The predominant reasons we see people are due to:
- Cognitive decline
- Mental illness
- Frail age
- Difficult to engage in traditional medical services.
There are two ways people are involved in the service
- Attend open group rehabilitation programs. These occur at the Napranum Aged Disabled Service and PCYC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Attend open group and/or individual consultations with recognised individual rehabilitation goals.
Who we are
We are a locally led team made up of:
- Project Lead
- Allied health Clinical lead (Occupational Therapist)
- Community Rehab Assistants (Indigenous)
Plus our Allied Health students who you will meet during your program.
We work closely with the Allied Health staff from Queensland Health and Apunipima to develop individualised rehabilitation plans.
Where the service is delivered
In a variety of settings:
- In people’s home and/or in the communities of Weipa, Napranum and Mapoon.
- Napranum and Mapoon Aged and Disabled Service
- Residential Aged Care – Weipa Integrated Health Service
- Police Citizen Youth Club Napranum
If you would like more information or would like to participate in our service delivery, we welcome you to contact our Allied Health Clinical Lead
Phone: (07) 4082 3610